There's quite a bit of pictures so I made a few slide shows. They're not too long.
The Ship
I'm a sucker for accents and most everyone on there had one. Like the captain, the crew, the waiters, etc.
Some of the highlights of the fun days at sea were:
- The house band Odysea. The lead singer had a great deep voice. Mmmm.
- The shows they put on were great - the dancers/singers were awesome - especially since the ship moves from time to time.
- Comedian Steve Moris. He is very funny but also a great guitarist as well. He played with the Beach Boys for like 20 years. And I am a BIG fan of the Beach Boys.
- The food was great. We don't have that many (if any) fine dining restaurants in St. George so that was fun. Also - the BUFFET!!! 24 hours!
Puerto Vallarta - Jan 6, 2009
I had a lot of fun making Dallin try and pronounce it. It was great because right when we first got to port, there was a Wal-Mart right there! We got all our shopping done at one spot. Haha not really. But there was a Wal-Mart in every port but I never got to go in one. I just wanted to see what it was like. We took the taxi into the town and walked back to the ship. It was about 3-4 miles. Haha. Hey we needed the exercise!
Mazatlan - Jan 7, 2009
Dallins parents have been to Mazatlan before and they told us we had to go eat at Senior Frogs. It was was quite the experience. Everyone gets balloon hats and bandannas and interesting name tags. It was fun. We also saw this crazy cliff diver. He had to wait forever for the right wave or he would have hit his head because it was so shallow. Once again we took the taxi into town (which was more like a super Golf Cart) and walked back to the ship. This time only about 2-3 miles.
Cabo San Lucas - Jan 8, 2009
Our last port o' call. We only had until 1:00 to be there. Everything was pretty close so we didn't need a taxi at all. They had one of the most beautiful little shopping center/mall I have ever been to. It didn't have the greatest shops but the landscaping was awesome. We stopped in at a haagan dazs for some ice cream. It was over $10 for 4 scoops of ice cream. I never got used to the peso/dollar conversion. I'm afraid I way overpaid for some things.
Some DOS/DONTS we learned (the hard way)-
-Don't try and guess on the conversion rate (take a calculator)
-Don't buy the all you can eat soda & ice cream (total waste) maybe just the soda one but we got the kids one.
-Don't drink the water (luckily we knew that one before hand)
-Carry a lot of change and $1 bills (we tipped a guy $5 cuz it was all we had)
-Make dinner reservations even for anytime dining or plan on going late
-Call your credit card company and tell them you are going out of the country so they don't think someone stole it


4 comments:
LUCKY. Look at you wearing short sleeves in January.
Awesome pictures. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
oh my gosh I'm so jealous! lucky ducks! It looks so pretty! I need one of those right about now. dang! looks like you guys loved it. I love cruises!
JEALOUS.... Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment