Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tie Dye Easter Eggs

I saw this way cute tutorial on Our Best Bites to dye Easter Eggs using silk ties! I told my friend Crystal about it and she totally went for it and boiled some eggs, got the ties and the white fabric. I wish I could take more credit but all I did was cut a couple ties up and tie a few of the strings on top. We found that when we tied strings on both ends rather than just the one, the pattern looked better on the sides. Also, the tutorial says to use raw eggs because you boil them anyways but we accidentally broke a few while we were wrapping them up and were glad they were boiled.

The favorite ended up being the red & blue paisley because it showed up the best. On some of the eggs, even though the fabric was right up against the egg, some of the ties had blurryish spots. The only thing we could thing of was they washed the ties with fabric softener or something.
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Ashlie Dalton said...

awesome!!! i'm going to try this. thanks!!