Preface: Last weekend when I was in salt lake, we went hiking in the dark and we were telling stories about haunted houses. Not that I think mine is haunted but you never know. It freaked me out.
Dallin leaves for work at like 5:30-6 in the morning and it's still pretty dark. And sometimes I hear noises coming from the other rooms. Like my blinds moving and footsteps and moving about in the kitchen and I think I heard the computer on once. Haha. It could be Scooter or our neighbor (our walls touch) or my imagination, but it still scares me. I'm a wimp when it comes to that sort of thing. So last night I told him to lock all the doors, we have 3 sliding glass doors into our backyard. They have been unlocked for the past few months because I told him not to worry about it - hey it's St. George.
So this morning I go to let Scooter out and I notice that the middle room sliding door wasn't locked. So I go outside to feed her and get her some water and I shut the door so she wouldn't go back inside. Then I try to get back in. Um yah, it must not have been latched because it's locked now. Our back yard is enclosed in a 5 ft block wall. So I hop the wall and go through the tree into our neighbors yard and sneak through there hoping not to get eaten by dogs or shot. I Walk around to the front of the house and hope that there is an easier way from there. We don't have a keypad for our garage, our front door is dead bolted (no use even trying to find something that resembles a credit card) so I try the windows. I try a couple of times with a couple of the windows and no luck. I'm about to call a locksmith but I try the window one more time. It opens! So our couch is pushed up against it so I have to shimmy through a small window and up and over the couch. I seriously feel like MacGyver or James Bond or something right about now.
Luckily I had to do something before work and my boss knew I was going to be late so I wasn't even late to work!
1 comment:
That is the best story ever! haha Go Tiff!
Post a Comment